Well, this is the first time I'm making a blog entry. Life is always busy here in our house. H going to school, soccer practice and Juku (cram school to prepare for entrance exams to private school), S paragliding and going to work and me with all of the various freelance jobs I do and volunteering for the English program at the local elementary school and neighborhood children's association. Life is never dull. In about 2 weeks from now a 16 year old boy from my hometown will be here for a 5 week homestay. He'll be at our house for the first 4 nights. I hope that he has a great time in Japan. It will be interesting to see how he views everything. Since I have been living in Japan for over 20 years I think I have become too used to everything and miss a lot of stuff that may actually be interesting.
I am so grateful for the group of friends I have made here that are in the same situation as I am as I feel only they can really understand the every day struggles of life here as a foreigner living in Japan long term married to a Japanese and trying to fit into a society that will somehow never totally accept you.
I hope that this isn't rambling too much and anyway, this is just a start of a record of my everyday life here.
2 comments:
I don't know your nationality but I'm sure that Japan is one of the most uncomfortable country for foreigner when they are new here. All of signboard and information are written in Japanese and people do not need to study English. And cultures are also not easy to understand and pretend. It means there is no comfortable coutry for Japanese in this world!
Thank you for your comment. Yes, it's true that it is hard for foreigners in Japan, even if they speak and read Japanese. I guess it is also hard for Japanese outside of Japan too. I admire those that travel a lot and make their own way in countries other than the one they grew up in. At least there are more signs and announcements in English here now. I do feel sorry for foreigners here that cannot understand English though.
Post a Comment