Well, last weekend my father was told by his regular internist that he probably only has six weeks. That was a shock and upset him and all of us but after he talked to the nurse practitioner and his oncologist they told him that tat doctor had been wrong to say that. Now my dad has decided to enter in an experimental chemotherapy trial to see if it can give him a little more time. Hopefully it won't make him feel too sick and if it does he says he will quit it. We'll see how that goes.
Anyway, I am off next week to see him for four days and hopefully that will go all right. I will miss H's Sports Day at school but there is nothing I can do about it. S will have to handle it on his own and luckily the one night S has the night shift my friend K will keep him even though she is soooo busy. I really appreciate her help.
1 comment:
Hi Carol, I am sad to hear about your fathers condition. As fate would have it, I was thinking of how we haven't had a chance to meet up yet, then I was doing something rare- browsing on MIJ flickr and saw you have a blog.
My thoughts are with you and your family at this time.
Lily (MIJer who you so kindly helped by recommending the Shin-Yokohama hospital)
Post a Comment