Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Life Goes On

Well, we made it back to Japan about 10 days ago without any problems along the way. It is nice to be back to our own place but somehow everything just seems so different. I keep expecting the phone to ring and there will be my dad's voice on the other end, but then I come back to reality and realize that it will never happen. I am trying my best to make life as normal as possible for H and S but sometimes it is really hard to keep it all together right now. I really understand now how important family is and I am so glad that I went and visited my dad in September, December and June.
Anyhow, life must go on and I am grateful for what I have, my family and my fabulous friends.

5 comments:

Lily said...

Welcome back. To read your words, my heart aches for what you are experiencing. I lost my father when I was 21 and I still feel the loss.

Perhaps if you wrote a post about your father, some memories it would help the healing.

I remember the night a friend asked me "tell me about your father" and once I started, all the words came tumbling out- it was nice to remember. It was nice to cry.

If you ever need anyone to talk to please give me a call or email me. My keitai # is still the same.

Sending you a hug from Niigata.

iwanagas life in japan said...

Lily, thanks so much for your comment. I have been thinking about what to write as your suggestion sounded like something that would be really a good thing to do. Once I am ready I will write about my dad. In the meantime everything is getting a little bit easier day by day. It must have been so hard for you to lose your dad when you were so young!

marianne said...

Stumbled upon your blog and glad I did:)

So so sorry to hear about your father.I lost mine last year to secondary lung cancer so feel your pain.I still expect to get phone calls from him over a year later and haven't been able to erase old voice mail from him either.Silly isn't it!

Thinking of you.

Tigermama said...

Hi Carol,
I`m really sorry to hear about the loss of your father. I look forward to reading about him...when you are ready to share.
Take care,
Tigermama (MIJ).

Anonymous said...

Hi Carol, I have been thinking about you lately!!! It has been such a long time since we last chatted = )

I had a fabulous conversation with you and you know what... gosh I am still pining to move to Yokohama (we could sneak out to lunch more often!

= )

Cheers Darling..