Thursday, January 28, 2010

The Dreaded Exams Approach...

We are now down to 4 days until H's entrance exams. This is such a stressful time and I really can't wait until it is all over and my son can start junior high school and settle in there. He is working very hard going over past exam questions with DH trying to figure out what kind of problems are possibly going to be on the exams and also going over areas he is weak in.
I think the worst is going to be waiting Monday evening until 10PM when the results are posted. I guess that since this is the system here we just have to deal with it and get through it all with a smile. I know that many kids go through this process every year and parents successfully guide their children through it. I am so glad that I have only one child so I only have to do this once!
Anyhow, please check back here later next week to see the results. I am hoping there will be no major dramas and H gets through the exams without too much stress and pressure.
Anyone have any good advice for right before the exams for how to get him to relax and focus? Anything would be much appreciated.
Here's to getting this all over with and surviving it!

5 comments:

Gaijin Wife said...

Good luck for Monday night. Not fair that there are exams to get into Junior High. I don't think there are down here as only one Junior High they can go to. Think there might be class placement tests after they start though.

Hope the actual exams didn't stress H too much - is 4pm so maybe they are over now? Hopefully he's so tired he'll sleep the wait time away until Monday :)

iwanagas life in japan said...

Thanks GW! Actually, my son is taking entrance exams on Monday and TUesday for 2 different private schools here in our city. Both of them go all of the way through university so as long as he does all right he'll never have to take entrance exams again unless he wants to go to a different school later on. These days the results are released the same day as the exams at 10PM so that's why we'll be hearing on Monday night.
It will certainly be a big relief when this is all over as DS has been going to juku (cram school) since the end of 3rd grade and we're finally at the goal!

Kelly said...

I wish him all the best!! I hope he does really well. :)

Gaijin Wife said...

and the verdict is?

Hey, is your women on the right there always wearing ared cardi? or can you change her clothes?

iwanagas life in japan said...

Thanks for the well wishes.
Well, DS got in to his first choice school and I am so happy because he will be in their international class which is taught on the International Baccalaureate system in English. What a relief it is to have this all over!
About the avatar on the right hand of the page, I can change her clothes and the room background as well. Click on the picture and it will take you to the site where you can make one of your own. Hope you have fun with it!